About our translators
A global network
The Advanced Language network of language professionals is comprised of over 1200 individuals and spans 100 countries. All are centrally managed by teams of Project Managers who use a combination of a state-of-the art Business Management system, cloud-based Translation Memories, and a collaboration platform that allows instant communication across the globe. You reap the best of two worlds—a world consisting of a vast global network and a world made up of collaborative teams who work together as though they share the same local office.
Speaking a second language is never enough. We not only expect all our translators to be highly educated in the languages and cultures in which they translate to and from, but we also expect them to know the issues involved with such a transformation. What’s more, all of our team members must demonstrate a strong work ethic and strive to continuously improve. Finally, we require all of our linguists to:
- translate into their primary or native language.
- have at least six years professional translation experience or have a graduate degree in translation with two years professional experience.
- demonstrate a high level of proficiency with software tools commonly used in the translation process.
- be excellent researchers and problem solvers.
- be strong collaborators.
- commit to no more than three areas of technical specialization.
- have certification from the American Translators Association or an equivalent organization.
We don’t just match the team to your project based on language alone. Our Project Managers check the backgrounds of potential linguists to ensure they have working knowledge of your subject matter. Translating blueprints into Japanese? We seek out linguists who are located in Japan and has architectural experience. Medical documentation? We look for doctors, nurses, and medical assistants who have extensive medical terminology experience. A mastery in the subject matter you are translating is key to getting the translation perfect, and we take great pride in researching and forming the right teams to ensure your job is done right.